Jobs Driven Networking Group, Wheaton, IL
Job leads ● Future employees ● Expand networks ● Sharpen skills
June 21 Topic: Digital Portfolios, the future of job search!
Presenter: Jennifer Weggeman, M.A., WorkNet DuPage Workshop Facilitator
Your Job Search Future: Digital Portfolios and Professional Development Trends
• High Level Overview Of WIOA Program And Worknet DuPage Resources/Partners
• Training, Job Search, Digital Online Learning & Portfolio Resources And More
• How To Create a Digital E-Portfolio So Employers Can Find You
Successful workers in labor market today:
• develop and evaluate life-wide and lifelong goals
• engage in networking to advance one’s career
By developing a professional Digital Portfolio:
• You can assess it as a resource for your future personal or professional aspirations
• Showcase your skills, experience and professional development
• Be found more easily online by employers for future opportunities
Digital Headshots for LinkedIn, Business Cards, & more!
Want a professional headshot, but can't justify $100+ to get one?
Does a $40 donation to a charitable organization sound better?
Wheaton Lodge 269 donates time and money to local food pantries, sponsors the Wheaton North HS academic teams, packs meals for shelters, but generates virtually no income for themselves. So, we will be taking digital headshots for social media profiles, including a free, 6-page Proactive LinkedIn Strategy Guide, and business card template to use your headshot on a Vista Print business card, all for $40 immediately after our meeting.
They will only be taking pictures from 1pm to 2pm, so please indicate on your RSVP if you want one. Thank you!
Meets: 3rd Thursday every month from 12:00pm to 12:50pm to discuss networking tactics and search strategies. Each presenter will close the meeting with an exercise for the attendees to use in the real world. Meetings are FREE to attend in person.
Can't be there in person? If you don't live close enough to attend, or the timing doesn't work for you, you can become an online member!
Does your company have a referral program? Join us. Meet people. Need Job leads? Join us. Just need to grow your network? Join us.
Sponsors: SpeedUpMyJobSearch.com, DriveStaff & Wheaton Masonic Lodge 269.
A repository of all JDNG presentations are currently available in the JDNG Archive for members of SpeedUpMyJobSearch.com. Use the 3 Day Free Trial to log in and watch a few. Check out the rest of the training available while you're in there. If you want a new job, that site can show you get it. It's backed by more than 350 recruiting firms across the United States, and more than 100 people like you have written testimonials about our training. If you really want a new job, this can show you how to get it. Don't wait any longer, get started!
RSVP to our next meeting here! It's not required, but highly encouraged. You will see why at the meeting.
Previous speakers have included Lee Junkans (top left), Joy Maguire Dooley (top right), Robert Podgorski (bottom left), Jim Klink (bottom middle) and Jim Fergle (bottom right).
Who should attend this event?
Anyone who would like to strengthen their search skills and expand their networks.
This is for:
- Job Seekers: People looking for connections, leads, and networking skills.
- Job Givers: Employers with job openings or employees of companies offering referral bonuses to help fill their company's job openings.
- Job Havers: People who are currently employed wanting to keep their networks strong for business opportunities and potential future job searches. Since the average employment tenure is less than 3 years, you'll likely need a strong network someday. Start building it here!
What should I bring?
Bring a notebook/pen to take notes, and if you have business cards and handbills, please bring them. Also, this is cafeteria style room with lunch tables, please feel welcome to bring lunch to eat while listening to the presentation. We will not be serving food.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, bringing your ticket is not required.
What are my parking options?
There is a free (but small) parking lot connected to the building, free parking on the street, and a very large parking garage with 300 free parking spots one block West on Wesley St.
If the Mason parking lot is full (it usually is), then exit the lot, take a left, go to the next block and take a left to the lot. The arrows below animate this exciting journey to the big parking garage.
It's 3-minute walk away, a 5-minute stroll, and 10-minute meander. Go at your own pace. See you Thursday!